Saturday, Sept. 28th
Attendees, humanoid or otherwise, are encouraged to wear costumes of their favorite character during the opening weekend of the Dell’Osso Family Farm, October Pumpkin Maze event! All cosplayers are encouraged to have fun, be fun, and dress fun! And if you’re going to dress up and show off your stuff at the farm, you may as well reserve a spot in our cosplay contest! So… break out your best Taako, Mario or Marty McFly, and get ready to strut through our gates in style! Please remember our event is family-friendly; any costumes deemed unsuitable due to nudity or potentially dangerous weaponry, including legitimately functioning laser-guns or any kind of melty acid, will not be permitted.
FREE ENTRY Application:
- FREE ENTRY applicants will be selected for entry for Saturday, Sept. 28th only. (250 maximum available)
- Please complete the form to the right and submit at least one photo of your costume showing the character you are portraying.
- All applicants will be notified within 72 hours via email confirming costume acceptance. That email will serve as your FREE ENTRY ticket for Sept 28th only.
- Dell’Osso Farm reserves the right to refuse entry when you arrive if you are not fully costumed or are dressed in a costume that is not deemed appropriate or similar to the photo you submitted.
- FREE ENTRY is valid only for the costumed guest. All family members and handlers not previously selected for FREE ENTRY (and fully costumed) will pay full price at the gate.
- If you also want to enter the Costume Contest check the appropriate box in the application on the right. You will be notified via email by Sept. 21st if you are chosen for the contest.
Cosplay on the Farm Costume Contest:
You will be chosen for the contest based upon the photo submitted with your FREE ENTRY application. Dell’Osso Farm reserves the right to refuse entry when you arrive if you are not fully costumed or are dressed in a costume that is not deemed appropriate or similar to the photo you submitted.
Contest Saturday, Sept 28th.
- Contest will be held at the Kiddie Stage
- There will be one contest.
- All ages and groups at 2:30 pm
- Prizes will be given for First, Second and Third place winner. Up to $300 for individual First Place winner.
- Contestants will be required to check in at the Kiddie Stage 45 minutes before the contest.
Cosplay on the Farm Costume Contest Guidelines:
- Costumes, introductions, and actions on stage must be in good taste. No nudity, offensive language or unruly behavior is permitted. This is a family-friendly event!
- No skits during judging or catwalk.
- No nudity. No costume is no costume.
- No profanity allowed on stage. That includes messages on signs or clothes. Anyone who violates this may be disqualified from the competition.
- No political or religious statement during the catwalk. Anyone who violates this may be disqualified from the competition.
- Do not use any sort of projectile at all! Nothing must leave your person while you are on the catwalk. Anyone who violates this rule may be disqualified from the competition and may be asked to leave the convention area.
- No flashpots, explosive devices, or similar special effects are to be used. Anyone who violates this rule may be disqualified from the competition and may be asked to leave the convention area.
- Each contestant may only enter one costume into competition.
- Large elaborate costumes must be handled by the contestant and/or assistants the contestant brings to help. Dell’Osso Farm will not be able to provide assistants.
Cosplay on the Farm – Basic Conduct Rules:
The following are the basic conduct rules. Anyone who violates these rules may be asked to leave the farm. Dell’Osso Farm has sole discretion on interpretation of the rules and may reject an attendee for any reason.
- NO WEAPONS – including water pistols, silly-string guns, and ping-pong pistols, flash pots, explosive devices or similar special effects.
- Costumes, introductions, and actions must always be in good taste. No nudity, offensive language or unruly behavior is permitted. This is a family-friendly event!
- No profanity or religious statements are allowed. That includes messages on signs or clothes.